The technology used by TRANSTHERM puts forward the know-how of the professionals to bring together the four criteria required for optimal wine preservation: temperature control, adapted humidity, natural ventilation, absence of vibration.
The technical specificities used endow TRANSTHERM wine cabinets with perfect wine preservation conditions, following the example of natural cellars. Your wine will improve for your optimum pleasure. The quality of the material, the display ergonomics and the contemporary design make TRANSTHERM wine cabinets the ideal solution for safeguarding your precious collection.
Our wine cabinets also combine modularity and aesthetics to offer you optimal ergonomics.
- Triple Layered body : The walls of our cabinets are made of three successive barriers. The internal walls provide a strong and versatile concept for the shelving system. The robust and aesthetically decorative exterior walls are reinforced at the corners . A new high density expanded foam (injected process up to 5.5 cm thickness) ensures optimal insulation in between. The Transtherm cabinets thus have a rigidity adapted to weight, bottle storage and thermal stability worthy of that of the best natural cellars.
- Automatic Temperature Control : When the ambient temperature rises above the ideal wine preservation temperature, a cold circuit, driven by a very slow cycle compressor mounted on silent-blocks, comes into action. The cold circuit coil, made of aluminium, is within the aluminium back wall of the cabinet, for a better temperature distribution. In case of a drop of temperature, an electrical resistance, which is also within the back wall, will come into action and automatically increase the temperature.
- Adapted Humidity : Bottle corks need specific hygrometric conditions in order not to dry out. The thermal pump (Transtherm exclusivity) allows hot humid air to be obtained automatically. Natural condensation on the back wall records a hygrometric value between 55 and 80%.
- Natural Ventilation : In order to avoid the mould phenomenon, which would generate bad odours and risk deteriorating the corks, TRANSTHERM cabinets have natural permanent ventilation, based on the principal of the thermal pump.
- Absense of Vibrations : The fact that slow and stable compressors are selected, which are separate from the cabinet body, eliminates any residual vibration.
- Thermal Pump : The thermal pump process, (a TRANSTHERM exclusivity), by heating the condensed water, allows the introduction of humid air within the cabinet and considerably increases the hygrometry value between 55% - 80%. This principle gives the cabinet natural ventilation and constant air circulation.
- Thermal Regulation : TRANSTHERM® cabinets are equipped with an electronic regulation system and sensors designed for this purpose. The sensitivity and precision of the thermostats operates either the cold or hot circuit at the right moment, and as quickly as possible, in order to maintain, with an external temperature between 0 - 35°C (32 - 86°F), a limited temperature variation of 1.5°C inside the wine cabinet. All TRANSTHERM cabinets are equipped with a temperature setting and control panel, featuring a liquid crystal temperature display.
In order to avoid the mould phenomenon, which would generate bad odours and risk deteriorating the corks, the thermal pump prevent this process. By heating the condensed water, the thermal pump allows the introduction of humid air within the cabinet and considerably increases the hygrometry value between 55% - 80%. This principle gives the cabinet natural ventilation and constant air circulation.